The title of the devotion was the Will to be
faithful. The main verse that stuck out to me while I read was Joshua 24:14-15.
These verses say, “Now, therefore, fear the Lord and serve Him in sincerity and
truth; and put away the gods which your fathers served beyond the River and in
Egypt, and serve the Lord. If
it is disagreeable in your sight to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves today
whom you will serve: whether the gods which your fathers served which were
beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living; but
as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”
Each and every day a person has to make to the choice to
serve the Lord in what they do. In taking a stand for the Lord, Joshua again
displayed his spiritual leadership. Regardless of what others decided, Joshua
had made a commitment to God. He was able to set an example of how we are to
live our lives for Christ. I can only hope that I am able to set an example for
the people I lead and that they will grow up in a life that they choose to
follow after God in every aspect. No matter what happens in life. Once a person
chooses to be controlled by God’s Spirit, they have to reaffirm there choice
every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment