During one of my
devotions I started to read out of 1 John. It amazing how God can speak through
my devotions that I do and how He knows exactly what I need to read and learn
about in order to help me in my walk with Him. Right now I am specifically
reading out of 1 John 4:1-6. This part of the bible is talking about testing
the spirits. We are not supposed to believe everything we hear but we are supposed
to test it against Gods word. Not everything that is going to be told to us, no
matter how convincing it may seem, will always be correct. God’s word says the
devil is on the prowl like a hungry lion ready to devour. For this very reason
we must be on our guard against evil because it is everywhere in the world. The
devil will even lie to us through people saying its from the word of God. This
devotion reminds me that I need to be on my guard against anything the devil
might through at me. No matter how convincing it may seem at the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment