Sunday, December 9, 2012

Marriage

On my last past i talked about marriage. So i decided to come up with things I would look for in the man I would like to marry.

  1. He must be fully devoted to God and have God be the savior of my spouses life. 2 Corinthians 6:14 says Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness? I wish to follow the bible and be equally yoked with my spouse.
  2. He has to be involved actively in the church. The bible says to have fellowship with other believers. This helps with encouragement and also helps strengthen people.
  3. He has to be encouraging and uplifting. I would not want to marry someone that has a negative look on life and only sees the bad instead of the good. In every situation there can be good seen. God can turn anything around and use it for his good.
  4. He has to be funny. I just like funny people that are laid back and not serious every minute of their lives. Yes there are times when you are suppose to be serious but having a little fun is not a sin.
  5. He has to love kids. I want kids even though I know that they will be little pains and they will make me mad. I have always wanted to be a mother to a big family.
  6. He must have a good work ethic. A hard worker because he must be able to provide for me and my family.
  7. He has to have a good personality. Personality tells a lot about a person and who they are.
  8. He has to be wise with money. I am already a tight wad when it comes to money. I can’t buy anything without a coupon or a sale. I just want both of us to be smart when it comes to financial decisions.
  9. He has to be patient. Love is patient.  
  10. Lastly he must love me the way I am. I do not want some guy that thinks he is going to change me because I am the way I am for a reason and that’s not going to change.
I am so blessed that God has put a man in my life that is all of these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment